Sunday, April 12, 2009

How to preserve flowers?

my boyfriend gets me flowers all for everything.. birthday, anniversary, if he made me mad, or just cuz. i have tried to preserve them before by letting them hang upside down while they dry out.. but they alwyas just get really dry and when i touch them they fall apart.. he jsut sent me tons of tulips saterday and i need a way to preserve them... a friend told me to cover each flower in hairspray but i dont want to ruin them... anyone know what i should do.

How to preserve flowers?
I just saw Martha Stewart dip flowers in parafin--wax used for canning. she had melted the wax and she dipped each flower twice.


If the tulips have bulbs and soil, plant them in your garden and they will come up next spring!
Reply:Put them in a book and dry them, Use a dehydrator or you can even freeze them.



visual arts

No comments:

Post a Comment